Friday, October 27, 2017

more of the same, and then a little different!



Just more dungaree making this week, cutting into nice fabrics- new and old... finishing up a batch of new dolls, all with the new coloured and chocolate brown merino I found in Katoomba a couple of weeks ago...



And then last Friday I woke up with this idea in my head. I was thinking of the Sally dress pattern, which I have made quite a few of, and it's my standard go-to Elka dress- it has a twirly skirt, pockets and a simple classic bodice, which I always add buttons to at the back, and as I was cutting the bodice, it occurred to me I should add pants instead of a skirt.

Ta-da! And then I fell into the zone of repetitive making, which is what I do when I'm working something out, and I love them! I think they are adorable and I'm really happy with how the dolls are turning out right now- that's not always the case!

And this magenta-ish haired one, is my complete and utter favourite. Her eyes are slightly purple-ish blue and I think it matches her hair, and she has what I call 'fireworks cheeks' - a little flecky embroidery pattern that I've been doing cheeks with lately.


I'm just about to sew up another batch of 5 new dolls, fingers crossed I get a good start this weekend!
B.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.

I'm here, but isn't life just so busy!?! Especially in January, and most of our Birthdays bunch up together thr...